Saturday, October 24, 2009
The outdoors is a place I love to be. I am a fanatic about nature and love to spend time in it whether it be reading, hiking, or camping. This past month, some friends and I decided to enjoy the quickly fading nice weather and take a trip to the river for the weekend. We planned to enjoy the nice scenery, good company, and maybe even some good eats.
A few days before, I got my camping gear ready for the adventure: my mummy bag, HUGE tent, extra socks, and my griddle. I was prepared for this trip, and I wasn't going to let anything hinder my good time.
I got to the river a little late because I had to work that morning, but I had high spirits and an empty stomach. Dinner finally came and I made some delicious stuffed peppers wrapped in tin foil over the fire. They were delicious, but I know no one cares about that, it's all about the dessert.
What was on the menu, you ask? Chocolate Chip Cookies, of course! Why not experiment an put my two loves (nature and baking) together! I pulled out my griddle and got to work. Well, about ten minutes into the process, my griddle began to melt! It ended up looking pretty bad, and I was NOT happy. How can you even try to make cookies on a pan like this!?!
We ended up eating ice cream (brought by a friend though it would have been cool to try and make it!)and cookie dough. My friends couldn't complain, they live to lick the bowl after we bake, but now they got eat the whole thing!
When I got home the next day, I read the griddle box. No warnings advising you to keep it out of the fire. After all, it's a CAMPING griddle for goodness sakes! I should have written the company, Texsport, but I am too lazy. Instead, I complain to the few that read this blog and let them know that this adventure in life was ruined by a faulty product.
In all actuality, nothing did hinder my good time, and I had a true blast, but for the purposes of this blog, I will say that my griddle ruined my weekend.