Friday, March 5, 2010

Shoes

This post is dedicated to my Mother, who, even when she didn't need it, could never pass up a bargain.

Tonight I went to a local store, Ollie's, in search of a coffee table. I recently got a couch and recliner, but there are a few things still missing in my living room. One of which is...a coffee table.

Cheap coffee table hunting was a bust. BUT, I did see some furniture on sale and had to take a look. 90% off!?! EVEN BETTER. I strolled over to the massive heap of boxes and started to take a look. I'm not sure there was much to look at since none of the boxes had pictures and I was unsure of what "clear thru desk" and "center hutch top" meant, but I kept looking. I may have embarrassed myself a bit by actually climbing though the pile of boxes, but it was totally worth it.

I finally came upon a box labeled...
I was intrigued, and after the discount....
And 90% off of $29.99...
It was 3 dollars! That's right folks, THREE!

This is where my mother's instincts kicked in. Did I NEED a mail room hutch? no. Did I even know what a mail room hutch was? not really. BUT, it was only THREE DOLLARS!

I brought it home and assembled it, and it was what I thought...a mail room hutch.
Now, what was I going to do with this thing? I looked it over, and it finally popped into my head...
I now have the coolest shoe shelf EVER.
Thanks, Mom!

4 comments:

OnlyMeyers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

That is pretty dang sweet! Excellent find!

Mrs. 5C said...

You must take me to this place!!!!

Katharine said...

This made me chuckle out loud at work.

I think you need some bowling shoes for that fine hutch of yours.