Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Great Move

Four months later and my move from Blacksburg to Harrisonburg is now complete! It only took four trips with a Blazer and one trip with my little Oldsmobile, but all my belongings are in one, happy place!

Starting the move in February, the weather was quite cold and snowy. Having a large car with four wheel drive made all the difference.Headed down interstate 81 with the heat blasting and counting the cars stuck on the snow filled shoulders helped make the time fly and after only three trips,I had all my essentials!

A few months passed...

And then came May. The weather had definitely changed and it was time for me to gather the last of my belongings from Bburg. After walking a 5k one Saturday, I hopped into the Blazor, graciously on lone to me from my siblings, and made my way back down the interstate. This trip was primarily to retrieve a piece of dumpster diving furniture that I have fallin' in love with. The entirety of my adventurous trip can only be summed up in pictures...

No air conditioning! I looked pretty spiffy cruising down the road with a fan hanging from the sun visor!

Now folks, this was May!

Again, this was MAY! Needless to say, there were lots of prayers on this road trip and lots of "what ifs" running through my head. What would you tell an officer who pulls you over for having an expired registration and safety inspection AND it's not even YOUR car? And I would have to do it all while smiling with a fan running furiously in the background and a dumpster diving chair hanging out of the back.

Luckily, I never had to put those thoughts into action and all was safe and sound.
Oh the things I'll do for a good piece of FREE furniture...

2 comments:

Mrs. 5C said...

haha! I love it! I'm glad you rescued your chair. That's a really awesome chair. :)

Unknown said...

I fixed the stickers :) You can drive it without fear next time... Of course, you may want to wait until Fall.